Well, Larry.

1. I live in Israel - the sun of almost eternal bright sun. So any
small mistake in exposure metering either on my side or on the side of
my camera that involves bright areas means mostly lost shot for me. It
is w.r.t. K-5. It does not protect itself very well from bright sun,
in a manner of speaking. Ricoh GXR is much better camera in this
respect.

2. As for AF - very often it would light up a red light saying - this
is the AF zone where I focused. Good. Now, oftentimes I wouldn't be
able to see with the camera viewfinder and the magnifying eyepiece
that in fact it focused on something that was in the same zone, but
not where I intended it to focus. The problem - I don't know how to
work around this specific issue.

3. In low light the pictures tend to go violet or purple... Like you
have an evening street light just by the street lights where the
pavement is suddenly visibly magentish.

Beside that - I don't think I have any technical complaints about the
gear. It does what it is supposed to do and does it rather nicely.

--
Boris