On 7/22/2013 5:12 PM, P.J. Alling wrote:
If you have to ask you can't afford it.

On the other hand you might want to ask Mark Cassio, (I hope I got your name right Mark). He had parts custom made to repair his A*200 4.0 IIRC.

Close - Cassino, not Cassio... But what's one letter?

Yep - Eric determined that my A* 200 f4 was just plain worn out and we worked out a deal where he had the needed parts fabricated and successfully repaired the lens. Unfortunatley, the repair only lasted one season and a year later it was not stopping down correctly. I probably should have sent it to Eric to see if just needed adjustment, but a mint copy of the lens came up for sale so I shelled out a lot more to get a replacement A* 200. I probably broke the used market for that lens since everyone who wants to sell one these days is listing it at the overly inflated price that I paid. But for me, for a mint, never used A*200 it was an acceptable deal. I paid less than what a Nikon D7000, 200mm micro nikkor, flash and cables would have cost. I still have my old A* 200 macro - it seems to work fine manually stopped down and some day I hope to use it with the Q.

Mark