I think Paul had a point though. If YOU think it's a problem, YOU are
the one who should do something about supplying a solution.

On 11/25/2013 12:32 AM, knarf wrote:
I don't have a hang up on nudity at all. I'm not offended by seeing
naked bodies, either male or female.

I also disagree with statements that the female body is more
aesthetically pleasing than the male. It's different but not more
beautiful. Some of the best nudes I've seen are of men.

I can be sexually aroused by a woman's body but that's not a problem
either.

It's that we simply don't show male nudes here. It doesn't have to
be 50/50; I don't know what it should be, just that the ratio here
is not right. That's treating men and women differently when it comes
to body portrayals and while I won't say it's wrong I will say I
don't like it.

Cheers, frank

Zos Xavius <zosxav...@gmail.com> wrote:
I understand your point Frank, but I think that Paul has a valid
point. Women are much more aesthetically pleasing than men to
many. I don't object to either male or female nudes really. Its
2013, not 1892, but that's me. Mind you this is also coming from
the guy that wishes more women wore dresses and knew how to cook (a
dying breed), so maybe I'm just old fashioned in my own ways. I
guess you object to women being the focus. Fair enough, but for
what its worth not many people desire to see naked men. When it
comes to women though, even completely straight females seem to
appreciate the female form. I've had countless women tell me that
they vastly prefer to look at other females nude, so maybe there is
something to that. I'm not gay or female so I'm generally not
attracted to men. Nudes are a form of fine art photography that
have stretched back to the pictorialism era and have dominated
works of art since men started painting on caves and throwing
pottery. Actually I think that there really isn't objectification
going on and that is your own hangups about nudity projecting here,
but I don't know you so maybe I'm totally off base. This is an age
old debate that I think our society would benefit from moving on
from and becoming more accepting of the human form.