On 11 Dec 2013, at 08:47, Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
>>> Ultimately, you're right - the bullies must be stood up against, however I
>>> think you would agree with me that it is not just black or just white in
>>> real grown up life.
>>
>> No, I don't agree with you. It's very a propos right now that they're
>> burying Mandela, a real grown-up who took a different view from yours.
>
> If you suggest that I'm not a real grown-up, then I would suppose
> you're trying to bully me.

Not at all - you earlier asked for grown-up examples (apparently ignoring the
one I had already given), then talked about things being not black & white 'in
real grown up life', as if my earlier example was not one from grown-up life,
and as if the principle of the childhood example didn't count, so I gave you
another real grown-up example.

> This is both unprovoked and unwelcome.

Indeed. But another thing I learned from The Owl of the Remove was not to be
the bully, but to try and emulate Bob Cherry, Harry Wharton or one the other
splendid fellows who'd look out for themselves and the other chap when called
upon to do so.

> Beside these points, we seem to have reached the conclusion of our
> sub-thread. Beside that very last point above, it's been a pleasure,
> as always.

Indeed