on 2014-03-15 20:13 knarf wrote
"Gruppo" is Italian for (wait for it...) "group" (Dario, feel free to correct
me). In bike parlance it refers to the component group on a bike: the brakes, gears, cranks,
pedals, etc. Most often they're all made by the same manufacturer and bought together in a (wait
for it...) group rather than individually.

odd to refer to the gruppo on a bike without brakes nor derailleurs ;?>

A Frejus track bike (designed for a velodrome, no brakes or gears) with Campy Pista
(means "track" in Italian) components is a very rare and desirable bike.

which makes it worthy as wall art, also track bikes have fewer components from which to drip road juice onto the carpet; my bikes are only clean enough to hang on a wall every year or two, and they aren't pretty enough anyway