On Apr 8, 2014, at 9:51 AM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> That does bring up some interesting questions:
>
> 1. Why won't Adobe make versions of Lightroom & Photoshop for Linux?

Too much development cost, not enough return on investment. Linux users hate to
pay for anything.

> 3. Mac OS is based on some king of Linux/Unix under layer. Why isn't
> there some kind of Mac emulator for Linux that would allow you to run
> the Mac versions of Photoshop/Lightroom?

OS X is built around a Mach kernel and includes a FreeBSD UNIX command-line
environment. Linux is built around a different kernel implementation,
UNIX-like, and similarly includes a FreeBSD-like command-line environment.
There the similarity ends. It's all the other stuff built on top of the kernel
that would need to be supported to run OS X applications... Never mind having
to fight legal battles with Apple.

> PS: I'm pretty sure there's a Lightroom clone for Linux - can't remember
> the name of it off the top of my head right now - that works a bit
> better than Gimp does as a Photoshop clone.

Darktable : http://www.darktable.org
I have the OS X version installed. It has nowhere near the sophistication of
Lightroom. It just superficially looks similar.