Quoting Mark Roberts <postmas...@robertstech.com>:

I'm just winding down my UK trip hiking through Yorkshire. I took my light travel kit: K5, DA 12-24, DA* 16-50 and DA-L 55-300, plus a Manfrotto Mountaineer carbon fibre tripod and a Sigma +1.6 diopter achromatic close-up attachment for "macro" work. No backup body. All this kit has proven so dead reliable through years of atrocious outdoor conditions that I felt confident without bringing more (actually, the DA-L 55-300 is relatively new but I thought I'd risk it).

Last year in Italy I brought a similar kit but with a backup body.

You're braver than I am.

A few years ago my SLR failed in a remote part of Australia and I vowed never to travel without a backup body again. Of course, I've never had a failure since.

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters