mark roberts wrote:

>Since the current 36-megapixel cameras already out-resolve most available
lenses it's a 28% increase in storage space
>with little or no improvement in image quality.

Of course you won't notice the difference on the web or 4x6 print.

But .... remember way back when *all* our films had more resolving power
than any of our lenses yet we sought finer-grained films.  Why?  Because
they directly affect the result.

To revisit an old analogy, it's like listening to brass on CD v LP.  It's
harsh on CD and clear on an old LP.
The timbre, the nuances, are all clarified with greater detail.  The CD
satisfies most people.

Same goes for a denser sensor.  Better edge clarity, richer colors ...
everything improves.

Now, it may be at 92% - 95% top of the curve that makes no diff to the
amateur.