Like Bob W, I use SyncToy, free from Microsoft, and have done for several years
now.  Simple,
flexible, and very fast.    Be careful with the configuration - if you simply
set up 'contribute' as
the mode, files can be copied one way to the destination, allowing you to make
what is essentially
an incremental backup.  Setting 'echo' makes it a two way check, which means
files essentially
archived will be copied back to the source drive - which you may not want!

HTH

John in Brisbane