You'd be surprised how many other Remote Controls in the house
can work well with your cameras.
Just give them a try - trial press all the buttons to see witch one works.

Three odd Remote Controls work with my K-5 IIs - a Sony Camcorder
Remote, an older Samsung Remote from their Film camera and a Car
Cigarette Player Attachment Remote.

A wired Remote from my older MZ-5n Film SLR works perfectly well
with my DSLRs.
I cut the flat connecter end and soldered a male 2.5 mm JIS pin to it.
To keep it compatible with older film cameras, I soldered a female
2.5 mm JIS connecter to the older flat pin connecter.
I now have a 2-in-1 wired Remote.

Regards.
Bipin.