From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Bob W-PDML
Sent: Tuesday, 7 July 2015 5:16 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: PESO: Rapid Transit

I think the golden arches were inspired by two boys in a pissing contest...

I've only eaten at McD 3 times in my life (and that's two times more than I
wanted) but they are
handy for toilets sometimes, and in both Russia and Romania I was told that
they did an enormous
amount to raise standards of service and hygiene there.

You should be able to get an Americano in Paris, even in places like Deux
Magots. They're called
Americano precisely because Americans can't drink espresso, so they added hot
water to it.

As for the toilets, well when I was there recently I was bemoaning the fact
that that type of toilet
has all but disappeared from French bars and brasseries, although there are
still some in the
vespasiennes of the Midi. They were very common when I first started visiting
France in the 70s - I
never understood them, but it's all part of the texture and stopped the world
being a bland
homogenised bleh. Since travelling in the 3rd world I do understand them now,
and they are much
healthier than the western ones and, on Indian trains at least, much cleaner.
You have to unlearn
your western habits though.