John wrote:

>WTF is going on with telemarketers.
>
>I have an unlisted number. It's on the FTC National Do Not Call
>Registry. I signed up my phone numbers for "Do Not Call" years ago.
>
>I'm still getting robo-calls; more than one an hour.
>
>I can't remember the last time my phone rang & it was someone I wanted
>to talk to.
>
>Sorry 'bout the rant.

Most of the callers aren't really telemarketers, they're criminals
running scams. The old "card services" scam claiming to get a lower
interest rate on your credit card, fake IRS agents demanding money and
fake tech support services wanting to hack your computers. Many of
them are calling from outside the US, so they're not bound by US laws
like the Do Not Call Registry, and even the ones inside this country
are basically criminals, so they don't mind breaking one more law by
calling.

Since I work out of my home office much of the time my computer's
nearly always on. I use a freeware program called Phone Tray Free to
keep a log of nuisance callers and block their calls.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com