I long ago got over the notion that I needed to be responsive to phone calls.
We haven’t answered the phone in years. Well, a few exceptions but hardly ever.
When we had Caller ID we would only answer if a known caller. Now we have the
phone ringers turned off, don’t even know there is a call until we hear the
answer machine attempt to answer. 95% of robocallers, scammers, and fund
raisers hang up without leaving a message, without even waiting for our answer
to play through. The occasional caller we want to talk to, we either pick up
while they are leaving their message or we call them back. I follow pretty much
the same routine with my cell phone.

stan