Yep, and "You've got a virus on your computer" is yet another popular one.
I've had those calling me a couple of times.
The last time I asked: on which computer?
The guy asked: "How many do you have?"
I: 12
<hangs up>

A more interesting variation of that is described here:
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-04/11/malwarebytes

Mark pretty much described the situation. "Do not Call" lists help only against honest telemarketers. Besides, "The National Do Not Call Registry does not limit calls by political organizations, charities, or telephone surveyors." (according to that very registry site: https://www.donotcall.gov/faq/faqbusiness.aspx )

I've found that some numbers (even those that are spoofed) are repeated.
There are some in-line phone attachments (i.e. hardware) that allow you to maintain large block-lists. None of them seems to be ideal, but here is what I've found (based on the review analysis) to be a reasonable candidate:
http://www.amazon.com/telemarketer-screener-programming-accidental-protection/dp/B00E914II6

I've just found this one that might deserve taking a look if I'd ever decide to buy one:
http://www.amazon.com/telemarketer-screener-programming-accidental-protection/dp/B00E914II6
http://www.amazon.com/Tel-Sentry-V2-0-Automatic-Blocking-Election/dp/B00U1PPWDO

I am surprised why none of the phone makers has a large enough block list. (My Panasonic's list has only 20 or 25 numbers. Gee!)

Igor