My father-in-law would have gotten on well with you Doug. He used to love
getting solicitations in the mail with postage free return envelopes. He would
always return those envelopes with as much weight in iron filings as he could
fit in. Along with a note saying “please take me off your list.”

A small grocery store opened a few hundred yards from his house. Their delivery
trucks and contracted trash service seemed to be on a 4-5:00 a.m. schedule.
Ken complained to the manager. The manager apologized but explained that he had
no control over those schedules. So every morning at 4-5:00 a.m. when the
trucks came Ken would call the store manager at home to assure him that all was
well, that the deliveries were coming in and the trash was going out. The
schedules were changed within 2-3 days. Passive aggressive behavior is not
always a bad thing.

stan