John Francis wrote:
On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 11:27:20AM -0700, Larry Colen wrote:
My version is indeed punched up a bit past nominal, but not so much that, to
me, it looks screamingly unreal. I wonder if I lost any vibrancy due to the
lights I used.  Yesterday noon, it was still under the plants where I let it
go the night before, but by evening, it had warmed up enough to slither off
someplace, so I can't go get him to recompare.

That's probably just as well.  If it happens to be a San Francisco Garter Snake
that subspecies is officially 'endangered', and has "Fully Protected" status
according to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, so picking it up
and moving it around is prohibited.

Nope, it's a coast garter.