Brian Walters wrote:
On Wed, Oct 19, 2016, at 11:20 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
We had a particularly pretty orb spider in the front yard. This one was
a lot redder/oranger than most of ours, unfortunately the color doesn't
really come through, I forgot to shoot a grey card.

Both shots done with available light, K-1 and Tamron 90/2.8 macro

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/30317329341/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/30286793462/

I had hoped to go back and use a strobe on it, but the web is now gone.

That's always the way...

Very interesting patterns on it.  I prefer the second image - seems a
bit sharper.  Perhaps a tighter crop to get rid of the objects at lower
left&  right?

Thanks, I had tried that cropping but felt that the spider needed to be closer to the top of the frame, at the bottom of the frame it just led the eye out of the frame, which is a real shame because the web is so much stronger of an image than the bits of the retaining wall.

   Larry

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters