I use focus stack with landscape work on occasion. Typically just 3 exposures combined - foreground, mid and background, generally with 6x7 scans.

Last year I experimented a bit and compared tests with scenes shot at a more open aperture and stacked vs scenes shot with the lens stopped down. More often than not I preferred the single exposure that was stopped down, though in some cases the stacking worked out better. One of the few examples where this worked for me:

http://www.markcassino.com/b2evolution/index.php/noontide-1

Give it a try - its interesting and as good a reason to go out shooting as any other.

Mark

John wrote:
I know several of you are using focus stacking with macro photography,
but I was wondering if anyone is using it with landscape photography?

---