Actually UPS uses the USPS for final delivery for small items so even if UPS is your carrier, you don't know who's ultimately responsible for final delivery...

This is especially problematic if you expect UPS since if you have a P. O. Box and no mail receptacle at your physical address USPS rules won't allow delivery.