I have the WG-3 and WG-5. Haven’t used either much underwater, but then I
haven’t been underwater that much.

If you would like to buy the WG-3 for your friend to evaluate (whatever is a
fair price) let me know. The newer models look & act pretty much the same,
though with a deeper underwater rating. But the WG-3 would give the friend a
hands-on sense of the Pentax/Ricoh offering.

stan