On 2017-12-04 16:13 , Bob W-PDML wrote:
Coffee is good. It's one of the few real pleasures in life that actually helps
prevent rather than induce gout, so one the few earthly pleasures remaining to
me on my road to martyrdom. Compared to me Simeon Stylites lived a life of
sybaritic esurience.

gotta feed those hungry ghosts …

my coffee meditation consists of hand-grinding about 16 grams of locally roasted beans, popping them into an Aeropress and hitting it with 80° C water for 90 seconds; result is about 200ml of something stronger than an Americano — and usually that's all i have; it launches me into a non-grounded state, assisted by evening local ales, which usually lasts until after midnight, when i wake up to ponder all i haven't accomplished and invent unbreakable passphrases