All I can say is that it is almost certainly not of Turkish or Persian
or, Russian origin.

To my eyes, it looks "tropical".
I would favor a South American origin first.
Of course, "tropical" belt is far larger than that...

Please inform us if you happen to reach a conclusion later on.

Bulent
http://patoloji.gen.tr
http://celasun.wordpress.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bc_the_path/