Yeah, I have more camera bags in the closet than any local store does. But I
bought another recently because none of them worked for when I ride my bicycle
or motorcycle. They all flopped around and wouldn't stay put on my back where I
need them to.

I normally carry just a Leica M and two small lenses, or the Light L16 these
days. And I need the bag for them to be a snug but protective fit, and to stay
put on my back while being easy to get in and out of for it to be useful when
riding my bicycle or motorcycle. Sigh.

I bought the Peak Design Sling 5L. I've been using it every day for two weeks
now. It works, it does the job well. It's very well made with sensible pockets.
It wasn't overly ridiculously expensive. This is what I normally have in it
when I go for a bicycle ride:

  https://flic.kr/p/KiJ5Pi

When I swap the Leica kit out for the Light L16, there's lots more space in the
bag and it weighs about a pound less. The L16 is definitely a really nice
shape/size for bicycle carry. When I leave the iPad home, it again weighs about
a pound less. I don't use its high-tech dividers much; I swap things in and out
of it too often to figure out all the ways to configure them, and there's not
much to jostle and bump around anyway. I have a very tough and 'tiny when
packed down', light Wolverine stuff sack that I keep in it too if I start a
ride when it's cold out and later want to take off the long cycling pants,
over-shirt, and gloves: then I can stuff the Sling 5L bag and excess clothes
into that and it sits on my back in pretty much the same way (but it's useless
to carry camera gear in by itself, in case you were thinking that … you need to
have padding for the camera gear, if only not to bruise yourself!).

Anyway, I thought you'd like to see this bag. It's pretty nice. It's getting a
lot of use...
Anyone want an unused shoulder bag? or five? ;-)

onwards,
—
No matter where you go, there you are.