In general I don't carry things like cameras on my person when I'm cycling - I
feel there's much risk of them doing me some serious damage if I come off at
speed. I'd be even more reluctant if I were crazy enough to ride a motor bike.

A saddle bag or bar bag seems to me a much better option. It also makes me feel
freer - the bike should do the carrying, not me. Having said that, I still
haven't found the ideal bike bag for the Leica and 3 lenses, and at Eroica last
year I wore my M3 slung over my shoulder for 50 miles.

In fact, I did fall off my bike today, changing down to get to the top of a
short, sharp little hill the chain dropped and jammed, locking the back wheel,
and I slowly, inexorably collapsed, in front of several witnesses, who were at
least concerned rather than merely amused.