I was thinking red shifted like far away stars. Their prices are likely to be astronomical.

On 4/11/2018 18:14, Bill wrote:
On 4/11/2018 2:22 PM, Gonz wrote:
Some interesting things I had not heard of in there.

I wonder what the red strips mean: "not likely to be built"?

I suspect those lenses might be considered if the lenses they are committed to sell in great enough numbers. Ricoh will support the brand to an extent, but they won't put pail fulls of money into Pentax if the return doesn't look like it's going to be there. Having said that, I expect the same thing goes for all the brands. What we have going for Pentax is that Ricoh willingly bought the brand, so there is some commitment to it. Canon is little more than a sideshow to a megacorp, Nikon is a semi standalone division of Mitsubishi, Sony is on record stating that they are throwing money at the wall to see what sticks. If cameras stop sticking, they are out. The only company I am really sure of is Fuji.

bill