On 6/7/18, Paul Stenquist, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Damn. Hope you can fix that. Another reason why I will never use
>Lightroom. It's photoshop and old fashioned file keeping and backup for
>this old fashioned guy.

I have to say that I agree.

I have always organised all my images and video in simple Mac file hierarchy.
Takes a few minutes to organise them and whatnot but I have an inherent
distrust in proprietary systems. Of course, one could argue that the computer
system is proprietary but files within folders and folders is about as simple
as it gets? And all backed up of course.

I certainly don't trust the cloud. Ever since the debacle back in 2007 when
Apple brought out the first iPhone. If you recall, there was an issue with
Apple's iCloud (not called that back then, I forget what) whereby lots of
users' contacts suddenly went missing of their phones for a few hours! Not
pleasant when you're a business user with hundreds of contacts nd you suddenly
need to call one of them...

Ever since then I have always backed up my phones and tablets locally to the
computer, never through the cloud. Sure, the chances are slim it would ever
happen again but that one occasion lost my trust.

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__    UK Shoot / Edit and