I opened Lightroom to find a file, but when I tried to open said file in Photoshop, I discovered that the file did not exist outside of the Lightroom catalogue. Somehow, my Drobo managed to completely lose my entire image file directory. That's over 30k files dating from 2006 to last week that just went poof. It's the only directory that went walkabout, and it is well and truly gone, as a deleted file finder wasn't able to turn anything up.
I am at a complete loss as to how something like this could happen.

Fortunately, I have a secondary storage location, I'm pretty sure I haven't lost many images, but I would really like to know how (and why) this one directory decided to disappear. It looks like restoring things is going to take the better part of 24 hours.

bill