Hi Bill,

I suspect someone on the list probably has a more detailed knowledge of this question. But maybe a small tidbit that I know could be helpful.

I am not sure what you meant by the "wrong platform": Mac vs. Windows or
LR CC vs earlier versions.

There is a tool "Adobe Lens Profile Creator" available for download for
both Mac and Windows:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html#Adobe_Lens_Profile_Creator

What I don't know if this profile would work for the earlier versions of LR. More over, - I am not sure if this profile creator allows you to enter "unknown" lenses in the database. From what I understand, - it allows saving lens profiles for corrections in LR, but maybe it would also allow adding a new lens. You can try.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html

Cheers,

Igor