Am 23.11.19 um 14:26 schrieb Jan van Wijk:

It is the reason I will NOT upgrade my latest macBook to 10.15 Catalina for now.

Given that Mojave appears to be the last OSX version that runs 32 bit
software, an upgrade to Catalina would be software suicide for most of us.

I keep getting those "Your software isn't optimized..." messages since I
upgraded to Mojave, so I guess I'd lose a few essential pieces of
software that can't be easily replaced because there are no 64 versions
available.

I'm still using Microsoft Expression Media 2 for cataloguing and
browsing my audio files (recorded soundscapes, not music) and can't find
a modern replacement. My Beyerdynamic Headzone Pro surround headphone
system has only 32 bit software, so I'd even lose the use of some of my
hardware.

So, I'm afraid I and many of us will be stuck with Mojave for a long
time to come.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com