Am 23.05.20 um 21:24 schrieb Godfrey DiGiorgi:

Mac OS was 32bit since release in 2001. It was enabled with 64bit in the middle
'00s when 64bit compatible hardware started to become available, and has now
switched to 64bit only in the release of macOS Catalina.

Sorry, Godfrey, but let me emphasize this yet again:

Everyone who has software that is and won't be evailable in a 64 bit
version or hardware that requires drivers whoch won't be available in 64
bit versions needs to stay away from Catalina or he will lose the
possibility to use this soft- or hardware!

This shouldn't be a problem for Paul as I gather there are 64 bit
drivers available for his Epson hardware, but for other products maybe not.

I have over 2 k$ of hardware running here that I couldn't do without and
their suppliers have already announced that they won't provide 64 bit
drivers, so Mojave will be my last OSX version for quite some time.

Hopefully, the Linux world will by then be advanced enough that I can do
away with Apple altogether.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com