Thanks Paul, Stan and Daniel for liking my picture this month.

It wasn't the picture I wanted, but it was the picture I got. I had wanted to be on the other side of the building and do a hopefully not too cliched sunset shot.

Unfortunately, there had been a whole bunch of rain in the few days prior, and when I drove onto what passes as an approach road (read dirt path), my truck bogged down and started to sink. Deciding that discretion is the better part of valor, I backed out before the truck got totally swallowed and drove back to the highway to hopefully find a view that worked.

I hadn't taken my really long lens kit with me, as my intended picture would have required a wide angle. Consequently, even the 70-210 was really too short, as the structure is quite far off the highway. I could probably have used my 600mm lens for that picture.

Being the dumb dumb that I am, I left the back door of the truck ajar while shooting the picture, and the cab filled up with mosquitoes, so I spent the hour and a quarter drive home fending off the little bloodsuckers..

When I opened the file in Camera Raw, I processed it using the new Enhance tool, taking the file up to 144mp and then did a fairly deep crop.

I think, all things considered, that it worked out fairly well.

thanks again

bill
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List