I think you missed my point.  William said that the use of mixed
electronics and mechanicals in the
shutter mechanism was a hodgepodge, and one of the reasons for the LX's
supposed un-reliability.  I pointed
out that Nikon would probably not have used a similar setup if that was
true.  (I kind of like the FM3 by the way).

As I said before based on my experience with LX's you'd think that you
guy's were discussing an entirely different model
of camera than those I own.  I have two LX's both bought used, one an early
example which I would judge to be about 15 years old, and
one of the later examples.  They are my most used camera body's and I've
never had a problem with either of them, they've
baked in deserts been exposed to heat and humidity, freezing cold snow and
sleet and that combination of cold and humidity
that can only be described as clammy.  I think that the comparison to the
F3 is a bit unfair by the way.  It is much bigger,
almost as large and heavy as a Pentax 67.  If you can't build in
reliability by using bigger heavier parts then you're doing
something wrong.