Consensus is that Canon has now overtaken Epson in the quality stakes,
but the comparable models are double the price and the ink is more
expensive too!

HP are way behind in quality, but generally ahead in terms of speed.

Lexmark are a good budget buy, but be aware you are getting budget
quality - possibly above HP though.