Thank you, Edwina

Actually, to give proper credit, this relation Psi/Phi was described by
Peirce himself in a letter to Keyser in 1908 (manuscript L 233 of Robin
Catalogue). There he describes the psi as the realm of habit breaking
("soul-stuff"), and the phi as the realm of habit taking ("matter").
I have just applied the idea to my solenoid, and found out that it works
fine.

Best,
Vinicius