  From: Howard Pattee
  To: Edwina Taborsky ; biosemiot...@lists.ut.ee ; Peirce-L
  Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2015 4:12 PM
  Subject: Re: [PEIRCE-L] Re: [biosemiotics:7934] Re: Natural Propositions:

  At 03:32 PM 1/17/2015, Edwina Taborsky wrote:

    Howard, I think that possibly, you are using your own definition of
'realism' rather than the one many of us use; we've been through this
difference before.

  HP: As I said, I agree with the SEP Realism discussion.

  My main point, however, is that an ideological or exclusive commitment to one
or another epistemology is a case of "blocking the path of inquiry." Reality is
complex and requires complementarity in its multiple models.

  Howard