Dear Stan, lists -

But Stan commits the same mistake of trying to purge one universal by means of
another - this time "culture" is the new universal assumed to be more real than
"evolution" … In Stan's argument, "cultures" are assumed to be real and to
determine minds of different individuals … (which I believe is not simply
another universal with realist pretense, but a false such universal, but that
is another issue).
Everytime somebody tries to give a nominalist reduction of some universal
assumed to be real - they invariably invoke OTHER universals which THEY assume
to be real. So they remain realists.

Best

Den 18/01/2015 kl. 21.21 skrev Stanley N Salthe