Helmut wrote: Maybe we could split the topic, and talk about primal
nurturer and mammal instincts in the biosemiotics list, and about myths in
a Peirce-related way in the Peirce list?

I like this idea very much.

Best,

Gary

[image: Gary Richmond]

*Gary Richmond*
*Philosophy and Critical Thinking*
*Communication Studies*
*LaGuardia College of the City University of New York*
*C 745*
*718 482-5690*

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Helmut Raulien <[email protected]> wrote:

> Maybe we could split the topic, and talk about primal nurturer and mammal
> instincts in the biosemiotics list, and about myths in a Peirce-related way
> in the Peirce list?
> Best, Helmut
>
>
> "Stephen C. Rose" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>  Agree about broad and do not think it is forced if the discussion can be
> related to such broader matters as realism, triadic thinking, continuity,
> fallibility, ethics, aesthetics, reality, signs, semiotics and so forth.
> When it veers off is when buttons are pushed. I for example think the use
> of myth to connote falsehood is wrong. I was constrained from saying so
> because it has no explicit relationship to what I have derived from Peirce.
>
>
>    Books http://buff.ly/15GfdqU Art: http://buff.ly/1wXAxbl
> Gifts: http://buff.ly/1wXADj3
>
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Bev Corwin <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> I enjoy all of the discussions and would prefer more broad than
>> restrictive frameworks. I consider restricting discussions as more
>> technocratic tactic / approach and not Perice related in style.
>>
>> Bev
>>
>>
>
-----------------------------
PEIRCE-L subscribers: Click on "Reply List" or "Reply All" to REPLY ON PEIRCE-L 
to this message. PEIRCE-L posts should go to [email protected] . To 
UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message not to PEIRCE-L but to [email protected] with the 
line "UNSubscribe PEIRCE-L" in the BODY of the message. More at 
http://www.cspeirce.com/peirce-l/peirce-l.htm .




Reply via email to