List, Clark:

On Dec 2, 2015, at 10:18 AM, Clark Goble wrote:

> I’m not quite sure why you are applying firstness to structure where
> structures are inherently relations and firstness is inherently a thing in
> itself without relations.
>

>From my perspective, this argument, ignores the nature of nature - that is, of
>part whole relationships, known as mereology in logic and philosophy and as
>"scaling" in physics.

A noun is what?  a part of a sentence? an object? a singularity? a relative? a
grammatical structure?

If an atom is a noun, does it inherently have a structure? When was the concept
of the structure of an atom introduced into science?  philosophy?

If a molecule is a noun, is it a "firstness"? does it inherently have a
structure?  Is modal logic necessary to describe the relationship between atoms
and molecules? Is the inherence of "thing in itself" necessary for this
relation?

In short, does a concept of "firstness", as a "thing in itself" inherently
require a metaphysical view of all nouns?

If a unit is a firstness, then:

The union of units unifies the unity.

Is this logically  True?  or False?
What is your reasoning for your conclusion?

Cheers

Jerry