Edwina, Jeff, List:

This highlights one of my strong initial misgivings about Jeff's posts from
last night.  I do not see it as valid *at all* to substitute "the Mind-like
Reasonableness in Nature" for "God" as *Ens necessarium*.  As I have
pointed out before, Peirce made it very clear in the manuscript drafts for
"A Neglected Argument" that what he meant by "God" is *not* someone or
something that is "immanent in Nature."  I have also previously noted the
distinction between "self-organization" (of that which already has Being),
which is perfectly plausible and even evident in the world today, and
"self-creation" or "self-generation" (something coming into Being on its
own out of nothing), which I find completely implausible.