Clark, List:

ET:  I tend to agree with you here Edwina. I don’t quite see big
contradictions between his later more Hegelian work with the more
neoplatonic work of the late 1880’s. Evolution yes. But I don’t see him
moving away from the earlier positions.

This actually sounds more like my position than Edwina's.  I have argued
that Peirce's later cosmological/cosmogonic writings do not *contradict *his
earlier ones; rather, they *clarify *some details that he had previously
left vague.  By contrast, Edwina seems to *reject *the later
writings--especially "A Neglected Argument," which she admits she cannot
explain and does not even attempt to explain--as incompatible with the
earlier ones, which she favors.  She also seems to bristle at *any *suggestion
that Peirce was a (neo-)Platonist in *any *sense whatsoever.  Of course,
these are my impressions of her positions, and I hope that they are
accurate; if not, I would welcome her correction/clarification.