Clark,

Your wrote:

CG: Logically that then has a beginning and end to the symbol.

Definitely not so acccording to the logic of CSP. - You are using some other kind of logic, according to which symbols do not grow - on the ground of communities, not just by individuals.

You seem to be blocked by (late) modern individualism. Human individuals do not just (clinically) die, they leave a legacy. At lest to those near and dear.

Some of us leave writings. The writings of CSP I have always found dear and near to me. - From the moment I first lied my eye on them....

Kirsti