}Matt, list:

        I am unaware that 'abuction' provides any 'magical power. And I
don't think that Peirce considers that objective reality is
'independent of finite minds'. That is - what is unknowable by our
minds is unknowable. Peirce's objective reality is that it exists -
regardless of what you or I think about it - but - we can THINK about
it. I  don't understand how you see abduction fitting into this
interaction.

        Edwina
 On Fri 16/03/18  2:02 PM , Matt Faunce matthewjohnfau...@gmail.com
sent:
 Edwina,
 In Margolis's philosophy, habits are bound to eventually be overcome
by the flux of life. So if he's right, everything about Margolis's own
philosophy will eventually pass into irrelevance except the rule that
flux > habit. (Flux is greater than habit.) That rule looks to me to
be his achilles heel, because it needs to stay true; whereas Peirce's
achilles heel is the magical power of abduction to bridge the
correspondence gap between a reality that's independent of finite
minds and the finite minds that inquire into reality.
 "Insufferably arrogant" was a bit of an exaggeration, as I'm willing
to suffer through reading his arrogant comments in order to learn what
I can.
 Matt