Robert, List:

Thanks for your comments, and for joining the List discussion.

RM:  Od----->Oi----->S------>Ii------>Id----->If

I disagree.  The Destinate Interpretant is what the Sign is *destined *to
signify at the end of infinite inquiry by an infinite community; i.e.,
the *Final
*Interpretant.  The Explicit Interpretant is what a Replica of the
Sign *explicitly
*signifies within a particular Sign System; i.e., the *Immediate
*Interpretant.
Hence the logical order of determination is Od-->Oi-->S-->If-->Id-->Ii.

RM:  Where is the immediate object?

The Immediate Object is what a Replica of the Sign *could *denote within a
particular Sign System to someone who knew only its definitions; i.e.,
possessing no Collateral Experience.

RM:  Nevertheless, according to the relationships between the classes of
hexadic signs I can answer that if the mode of being of Od is Thirdness (is
the case of "freedom") then the mode of being of Oi is Thirdness or
Secondness or Firstness.

This is indeed Peirce's late taxonomy, except that he divided Signs
according to the Mode of *Presentation *of the Immediate Object, not its
Mode of *Being*.  In any case, I have proposed for consideration a *different
*framework in which all Signs are Types, and therefore all Signs have
General Objects.

As a Type, the Sign *itself *is in a *genuine *triadic relation with the
General Object and Final Interpretant--what it *necessarily would* denote
and signify to a Quasi-mind in the state of *Substantial *Knowledge; i.e.,
complete omniscience and thus *infallible *Interpretative Habits.
Each *Instance
*of the Sign (single occurrence) is in a *degenerate *triadic relation with
an individual Dynamic Object and Dynamic Interpretant--what it *actually
does* denote and signify to a Quasi-mind in the state of *Informed *Knowledge;
i.e., finite Collateral Experience and thus *fallible *Interpretative
Habits.  Each *Replica *of the Sign (enduring embodiment) is in a *doubly
degenerate* triadic relation with an Immediate Object and Immediate
Interpretant--what it *possibly could* denote and signify to a Quasi-mind
in the state of *Essential *Knowledge; i.e., mere Sign System Acquaintance
and thus *minimal *Interpretative Habits.