Jon, List,

Thank you, Jon! I do have to say, that have had a concept of composition, of which Robert and Jon A.S. said it is not good, and it rather is all about determination and correlates. The concept of composition was, that a secondness would consist of two, and a thirdness of three parts, and this would go on eternally. Like, for example, a dynamic object (2.2.) consists of (2.2.1.) and (2.2.2.). I thought, this would make sense, as there might be identified two parts of the dynamic object: Its conceptuality outside the sign, and its ontologic part (outside too).
This way, there were 3, 6, 10, 15, 21, and so on parts. But the sign classes are not created this way, but by regarding determination of correlates, and this way there are 10, 28, 66 sign classes. How this is done, I have not yet understood. Does there exist a text for dummies?

By comparing AB-AC-BC with SS-SO-SI, I thougt to have had identified the nonexistent OI- relation for a "missing link". In spite of the catchiness of this term, I have the hunch, that this my stream of consideration might be based on not having understood the signtree and the determination issue, and I should work on this understanding before. But nevertheless I am very much looking forward to your answer and the subject of projective reduction in case of the sign!

Best,
Helmut

 05. Mai 2020 um 21:40 Uhr
 "Jon Awbrey" <jawb...@att.net>
wrote:
Helmut,

I've been trying to get back to your message of 4/12/2020
under the subject line "Categories and Speculative Grammar",
but I'll reply under Robert's original subject line as the
profusion of titles has been derailing my train of thought.
Some of the material you allude to below has gone missing
off the live web, and the fragments I can still find need
a bit of reformatting, so I'll go address those issues and
return to these questions as soon as I can.

Regards,

Jon

On 4/12/2020 3:21 PM, Helmut Raulien wrote:> Jon, All,