Robert, List,

yes, your post answers a lot of questions I had in the post I wrote that appeared after yours, but I had written before I had read yours. Thank you! I had felt, that representation is something quite different from event, two different ways of looking at a sign, but it is a matter of type, token, tone, resp. symbol, index, icon. A symbol includes an index and an icon, so I guess that in the Peircean analysis these two things, that have seemed to me as having to be analysed apartly, are blended. There are still many aspects I do not see, e.g. when you have a symbol, the included index is not about the DO, but the sign class. So I still do not see the relation between the DO and the sign, but let me think and read myself, I am sure I am wrong and Peirce is right.

Best,

Helmut

10. Juni 2020 um 11:25 Uhr
 "robert marty" <robert.mart...@gmail.com>

Jon Alan, List

I sent a specific message to Helmut. I sincerely thought he was answering his questions. He has not yet reacted that already you have set off your usual firework  of quotations against my arguments, distorting them somewhat. I'm not denying you that right, but maybe we should let him live? What are you afraid of?

Best regards,