Dear Margaretha, JAS, Edwina, list,

Why pay

   deliberate and careful attention to

- argument as war

- argument as a tennis tournament

- argument as constructing a cathedral

- argument as dance

- argument as repairing a ship in the middle of the sea

- argument as computer programming

When

*Do not take offense *will do, *amirite*?

Or better than even that, (in the form of an imperative):

Do *both*!

*everyone *would (a) refrain from posting "you" messages, especially when
the subject matter is potentially contentious,

and (b) deliberately choose *not *to take personal offense at anything
posted by anyone else.

Hope that helps.

With best wishes,
Jerry R