John, List,

JFS: When people make statements on Peirce-L, they usually have a good
reason for making them.  If one happens to disagree with them, it's far
better (more fruitful and more likely to lead to a deeper understanding) to
ask a question than to contradict what they said.

I agree with the three quotations in your reply to my note.  But I want to
emphasize the issues in my  note.

My entire concern in this exchange and as regards the recent discussions in
parallel threads is that, given all the recent good ideas on improving List
discussions, can we sincerely 'practice what we preach'?

Best,

Gary R

“Let everything happen to you
Beauty and terror