John, List,

"Men seem to themselves to be guided by reason. There is little doubt that
this is largely illusory . . . because their reasonings are prominent in
their consciousness, and are attended to, while their instincts [and
emotions] they are hardly aware of. . . .   — Charles S. Peirce

"To think is easy. To act is difficult. To act as one thinks is the most
difficult.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. The first principle is
that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool.” —
Richard Feynman

Best,

Gary R

“Let everything happen to you