Michale

Thank you for this excellent post. You are exactly right

Peirce's agapastic  semiosis is a dynamic and generative process- and it
explains not merely the increasing complexity of the physicochemical and
biological realms [which are, indeed, complex adaptive systems,]  but also,
explains the socioeconomic world of our species.

As you say - wealth creation, which is all about a growth economy- - is quite
different from the no-growth zero sum wealth transfer which is found in all no
growth steady state populations [ before the industrial age].

And I also am a strong supporter of Peirce’s three categories, with the
interplay between Firstnerss [ randomnness, chance, freedom]; steady-state
interaction [Secondness] and the development of new habits of organization [
Thirdness]. One can explain a capitalist economy using all three categories.

Again - thank you for an excellent post, and moving Peirce out of the seminar
room into the real world.

Edwina