Dear Joe,

WOW! :) Thank you for the comments.

Within Peirce's Systematic Philosophy, the scope of a visualization of
Peirce's classes of signs, as I develop in my thesis, is grounded on
mathematics (discrete or finite), assumes phenomenology (the
cenopythagorean   categories), and only touches upon Esthetics (only as a
support for perception) and Speculative Grammar (only as a requisite for
representation), without exploring them.

This delimitation, although narrow, I belive is necessary, but it is
clearly not suficient to study the historical implications and unfoldings
of Peirce's Semiotics, which are outside it.

However, due to the myriad of models and diagrams in the literature, each
one stressing some dimensions of Peirce's work and assuming some
premisses, sometimes in contradiction with others, the diagramatic
sccafolds I propose are not only syntactical manipulations, but aim to
establish some common ground within the community exactly to support the
kind of work you are interested on.

> I am much impressed by all that has been done graphically in representing
> the sign classification system, and especially by Luis Merkle/s masterful
> handling of it all in that part of his dissertation, as well as further
> work
> by others  in Brazil and elsewhere as well, but my own interest in the
> classification system is not with what can be learned from it by
> manipulating graphical models of it but with understanding what use it
> might
> have when it comes to understanding how to apply it in the analysis and
> understanding of distinctively philosophical problems such as have formed
> the staple of philosophical concern from the time of the Greeks on.

> wonder if anyone knows of any attempts to do that.

In the early days of peirce-l list, back on 1993 or 1994, you developed
some  wonderful visualization of Peirce's concept of Icon, throughout his
carreer.    I was much impressed with that work too, which attempt to do
exactly what you are interested. ;) Is that available?

Thanks,
Luiz